PTP Fees – Spring 2017
At their January 25 meeting, the Cardinal Board of Education voted and approved to establish a minimum number of participants and a fee needed in order to hold spring activities or sports. As you will note, the minimum number of participants, fee, and due date are different for each activity.
- Musical, 35 participants, $160 fee — due: February 1 (does not include elementary students participating)
- Baseball, 20 participants, $490 fee — due: February 17
- Softball, 15 participants, $379 fee — due: February 17
- HS Track, 30 participants, $453 fee — due: March 3
- MS Track, 20 participants, $245 fee — due: March 10
In addition, here are some important guidelines also approved by the Board of Education that we must abide by:
- Spring fees noted above must be paid in full by the end of the day (2:30 p.m.) specified for each activity above. If there are not enough participants paid in full at that time, we will cancel the activity.
- Refunds will be given to those who paid in full if an activity is cancelled.
- Spring fees will not appear in Infinite Campus until a payment is received.
- There is no family cap for this spring. Given the financial situation of the district following the November levy failure, the Board is not able to honor the cap for spring activities.
- Those who would have met the cap are responsible for paying the full spring fee by the date above.
- Outstanding pay-to-participate fees from previous seasons are due in full no later than May 1, 2017. (These outstanding PTP fees will not prevent a student from participating in a spring activity as long as the spring PTP fee is paid in full as indicated above.)
- Senior students with outstanding fees as of May 1 will not participate in commencement.
- Underclassmen with outstanding fees as of May 1 will be ineligible to participate in any school activity beginning in the fall of 2017.