Remote Learning Information 2020-2021
Thank you for your patience as staff have been working diligently to get our remote classrooms up and running for the 2020-2021 school year for those families who have opted to keep their children home for the first semester.
- Remote learning students may pick up their Chromebooks and hot spots if needed at Cardinal Middle School on Thursday, August 20 or Friday, August 21 between 8 am & 2 pm. If you cannot pick up your Chromebooks at that time, please call 632-0261 ext 4000 to set up a time to get your Chromebook.
- Students will need to check their student emails for information from their teachers. If you do not remember your student email, please contact Mr. Spence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who attended CMS last year should be familiar with how to use their google account. All 5th grade students have been invited to google classrooms so they need to accept through email. For 5th grade remote learners: passwords and needed text will be available for pickup during Chromebook pickup. This will allow all students to be on the same page.
- Remote learners are expected to attend their classes via Google Classroom or Zoom during the times their classes meet according to their student schedule. They will follow their schedule as posted on Infinite Campus. Remote learners are not required to attend lunch or advisory.
- As a reminder, students who have chosen the remote option are expected to stay in remote learning for the entire semester. Remote students may return to the building starting with the 2nd semester in January if they choose.
Students who are attending in-person but need to miss school for any particular reason should still attend their classes remotely. If they attend remotely they will not be considered absent. However, if your child needs to stay home, you will still need to call the office even if they are planning to participate in classes remotely. In-person students who must quarantine at home will change to remote learning until the quarantine period is over.
All students should be prepared for the possibility that we may all go to remote learning if we cannot open the building. For that reason, students attending school should plan to take their Chromebooks home with them each night and bring it back to school the next day. All students and their families will be notified by robocall if we cannot open the building.